What is Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy?
Myofunctional Therapy is a series of therapeutic techniques to re-pattern and optimize oral and facial functions. In addition to eliminating dysfunctional muscle patterns, therapy can improve nasally breathing, develop proper oral rest posture and promote correct chewing and swallowing behaviors.
Goals of Myofunctional Therapy
- Correct excessive dysfunctional habits
- Attain a lip seal/normalize freeway space
- Create a palatal tongue rest position
- Posterior tooth together swallow
- Proper chewing and correct drinking
- Establish proper nasal hygiene and nasal breathing as primary function
- Develop a coordinated and harmonious facial muscle pattern
we love Our Patients
- "From the moment you enter the office, you get a pleasant and relaxed feeling from the friendly and efficient office staff. Their wonderful smiles always put me at ease. Dr. Boucher’s gentle expertise and professional care extends to his very knowledgeable and confident support staff."
- "Love, love, love this practice! Not only do my children receive top-notch ortho treatment, but the staff is exceptional. As someone who works in the dental field and sees patients from all over Chester County, I know that Boucher Orthodontics is second to none!"
- "We couldn’t be more pleased with Dr. Boucher and his team. Dr. Boucher is an exceptional orthodontist, with an incredible depth and scope of orthodontics. He gives his patients a functionally sound as well as beautiful smile. From the friendly and accommodating staff at the front desk to the talented, friendly clinical staff, it is always a great visit to his office!"